OMG😱! Man loses hand after been tortured by herbalist - Mymusikok


News | Events | Entertainment | Lifestyle | Fashion | Beauty | Inspiration | Gossips | Information | Education |Freebeats

We Can Place Your Adverts Here

test banner

Thursday, December 01, 2016

OMG😱! Man loses hand after been tortured by herbalist

A 26-year-old man, Oluwasegun Ayoola, has lost the
use of his two hands after he was allegedly tortured
by a herbalist in the Oke-Aro area of Lagos State.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the unidentified herbalist,
who is still at large, tied the victim’s hands and feet
and dumped him in a clay pot for three days
without food.
The victim was said to have been released after
some family members intervened. He was
subsequently taken to a hospital for treatment.
Ad closed by
Stop seeing this ad Why this ad?
Not interested in this ad
Seen this ad multiple times
Ad covered content
Already bought this
We'll try not to show that ad again
Ad closed by
Our correspondent gathered that Oluwasegun was
cleaning up his apartment on Idimu Road, Ejigbo,
when he collapsed and was taken to the herbalist’s
shrine by a half-brother, Afolabi.
His mother, Mrs. Kudirat Ayoola, said she never
knew they were being taken to a shrine on the day
of the incident.
She said, “My son lives in his late father’s house in
Ejigbo; I don’t stay with him. On April 30, 2016, I
was called that he had collapsed in the house. My
stepson, Afolabi, and a stepdaughter told me to join
them because they were taking him for treatment. I
never knew it was a herbalist’s house they were
taking us to.
“When we got to Oke-Aro, they handed us over to a
herbalist. I protested, but they said it was for the
improvement of his health. They dropped us off and
“On the following day, the herbalist poured palm oil
around my son with candles and some fetish items.
He asked my son to kneel down while I should be
praying. He brought out a knife and a divination
tablet. He said my son had become his meat.
“We were alarmed and my son started struggling
with him. I screamed for help. They started fighting
and my son headbutt the man. Some of the
herbalist’s associates came and beat up my son.
They tied him up and dumped him in a clay pot. He
was there for three days.”
She added that efforts to locate a police station in
the neighbourhood to report the incident proved
abortive, adding that her relatives later came to free
the victim.
Oluwasegun said the incident had left him disable,
saying he depended on his mother for almost
He said, “When I left the herbalist’s place, I went to
a police station in Agege to report the incident, but
the policeman I met at the counter didn’t attend to
me because my hands stank and flies were buzzing
over my injuries.
“I later saw a police patrol van, which called an
ambulance. I was given some treatment and taken
back to the house. But my condition has not
improved. I depend on my mother to go to the
toilet, wear my clothes and even eat. I can’t do
anything by myself.”
However, Afolabi, the victim’s half-brother, denied
any complicity in the matter, saying he only joined
other family members to save Oluwasegun.
He said, “I was not around when he collapsed. But
we discovered he had lost his mind when he came
round. When the mental illness was getting out of
hand, we arranged and took him to the herbalist’s
place at Oke-Aro.
“I was not there when he was tied up, but I learnt
that he struggled with the man, scattered his house
and injured him. We took him to the herbalist’s
house for care. We had spent a lot of money over
him, I don’t have any more money to spend.”
It was learnt that Oluwasegun’s late father married
three wives and had property in different parts of
Lagos State.
His mother was said to be the third wife of the
deceased, while he was the woman’s only son.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the case had been taken
up by the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender.
The Public Affairs Officer of the OPD, Mr. Adeoba
Adeniji-Adele, who confirmed the incident, said the
agency was still studying the case.
He said, “Spiritualists are not neurologist or
certified physicians, so people have to be wary of
them in medical matters.
“The first port of call in this case should have been
a hospital for proper diagnosis. Instead, he was
taken to a place where his treatment got out of
hand. We are still studying the case and appropriate
action will be taken in due course.”
Courtesy: Punchng

No comments:

Post a Comment